Longboarding on campus is dream for many college students. If you’re a college student looking for a convenient and fun way to get around campus, a longboard might be the perfect solution. Longboards are a popular choice for college students due to their versatility, portability, and ease of use.
In this article, we will introduce some of the best longboards for college campuses and provide an overview of the key features to consider when selecting a longboard for this purpose.
From deck shape and size to trucks and wheels, there are various factors that can impact a longboard’s performance on a college campus. By understanding these factors and choosing a high-quality longboard, you can enjoy a smooth, efficient, and enjoyable ride around campus.
However, sometimes it’s difficult to find the best longboards for college. Because there are different types of longboards available on the market. All of them aren’t suitable for college campus. So, we have personally tested more than 50 longboards and made a list of the top 5 best campus longboards. If you’re in search of the best campus longboards, then this in depth review will help you to make your decision.
Let’s have a look at our top five longboards for college.
At A Glance Longboard For College
|Best Overall Atom Drop Through Longboard||
|Best Downhill Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Longboard||
|Most Durable Magneto Bamboo Longboard||
|Best Off-Road MBS All-Terrain Longboard||
|Lightweight Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Longboard||
Top 5 Best Longboard For College Campus Reviews
1. Atom Drop Through Longboard
Atom Drop Through Longboard is our first pick as the best longboard for college campus. When you’re looking for a longboard for college, then this is the champion. Now, lets go through this best drop through longboard.
First of all, it comes with a maple-bamboo made deck. These types of materials can hold up to 250 lbs. of weight. Sizing of the deck is 40-inch long by 9-inch wide. So, you go for a different style of riding on your campus. Besides, 70mm by 51mm wheels work well for college students. Where high rated ABEC-9 bearings are ready for speed.
Further, reverse kingpin trucks take this longboard to the top level. No matter if you’re a learner or an expert on longboarding, this Drop Through is for you. One final point, some may be uncomfortable with the price. The price of the Atom Drop Through is a little bit, but it’s worth it.
- Highly durable drop-through deck.
- High rebound Polyurethane wheels
- High speed ABEC-9 rated bearings.
- Reverse KingPin aluminum trucks.
- Sturdy built-in materials.
- Smooth and comfortable ride.
- Suitable for all skill levels.
- Pricey. But, the price is worthy to it’s quality.
Verdict: Atom Drop Through Longboard is the prime candidate when it come to campus longboards.
2. Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through Longboard
If you’re longboarding on campus, there is a possibility to look for more. Something downhill that you do share your adrenaline. Accordingly, Aperture Sidewinder is a suitable selection for you. It’s considered as one of the best outcomes from the Sector 9 longboard. Let’s take a look at the sector 9 drop through before you go to the speed.
First of all, it’s drop through deck design for downhill and cruising. Its wood makes this deck durable to prevent any kind of obstacle. Once you put your feet on deck, you can feel it give utmost downhill and cruising facility.
Sizing of the deck is 36-inch long by 9-inch wide, which is easy to control. Besides, the 69mm slalom wheels with ABEC-5 bearings give you speed.
Also, gullwing sidewinder kingpin trucks add for more stability. Furthermore, you can do different riding styles with this drop through board. All of these make college campus longboarding let’s cool.
- Drop-through longboard deck.
- Smooth 69mm slalom wheels. Gullwing sidewinder kingpin trucks.
- Good for downhill and cruising.
- Multiple colour option.
- Minimal wheel friction.
- Reach realistic speed.
- Not good for experts.
Verdict: Sector 9 Aperture is the campus longboard for downhill and cruising. It gives you longboarding in college better than your dreams.
3. Magneto Bamboo Longboards
Magneto Bamboo is the most durable pick on our campus longboards list. Because the good or great board goes to the deck. That’s why it uses top materials to build its board.
Magneto is a mix of bamboo and fiberglass material. Bamboo works for flexibility, and fiberglass increases strength and durability. The 38.5-inch by 9-inch deck is stable when it comes to stability. This drop through is designed with all skaters in mind. So, you can go cruising, carving, downhill or even dancing.
Besides, its high rebound PU wheels work well on high speed. As a result, you can get speedy yet smooth races. What’s more, the drop through longboard has gravity cast aluminum trucks. Magneto Bamboo is the most durable longboard on the market.
- Bloody-minded bamboo deck.
- Heavy-duty aluminum trucks.
- High rebound polyurethane wheels.
- De rigueur downhills and cruising.
- Super steady and flexible.
- Excellent graphics design.
- Excellent for all skaters.
- It’s wheels need to be tightened.
Verdict: Magneto Bamboo is a classic long-lasting longboard for college campus.
4. MBS All-Terrain Longboard
If you’re chasing after campus longboards for all kinds of road, then MBS All-Terrain Longboard is for you. Whether you’re an expert or not, it’s let’s you go where you want to go.
First of all, the maple-made deck is more sturdy than most. It’s drop design doesn’t touch the ground even on rough roads. The longboard can hold 220 pounds of weight without any question. Besides, the 190mm Navigator Drones trucks work well for precise turning. What’s more, 100mm by 65mm all terrain wheels are cast for perfect speed traction.
These all-terrain urethane wheels are ready to roll off road. You can go on rocks, cracks or bumpy roads with these off-road wheels. Also, don’t lose your balance on uneven surfaces. Overall, it’s an amazing longboard for advanced riders as well as beginners.
- High-quality drop through deck.
- High rebound urethane wheels.
- Handle all off-road and ground.
- Navigator Drones truck turns.
- Study built-in quality.
- Stable on uneven surfaces.
- Suitable for all skill levels.
- Slightly heavy.
Verdict: MBS All-Terrain longboard is for off-road use on college campus. You can ride any terrain you want to go, so it’s worth every penny.
5. Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Longboard
Our best campus longboards review isn’t complete without the Santa Cruz. It’s another best freeride longboard that comes with a 40-inch by 10-inch maple deck. But, it’s not all this campus longboard has to offer.
It’s lower center of gravity gives the deck simple and stable on rides. The eye-catching design makes it classy. Besides, the 75mm diameter wheels are standard for longboards. These have the right hardness to handle different types of surfaces. Likewise, high-quality ABEC-9 bearings are ready for proffer performance. Apart from this, one unique feature of Santa Cruz is its weight. Only 5 pounds make it the best lightweight longboard for college students. You can carry it anywhere on campus.
- Lightweight yet durable deck.
- Lower center of gravity design.
- ABEC-9 bearings for performance.
- High-quality Road Rider trucks.
- Eye-catching looks.
- Easy to carry or store.
- Easier for achieve speed.
- Not good for doing tricks.
Verdict: Santa Cruz Longboard is the lightest longboard choice for college. You can carry it all over your campus.
Best Longboard For College Campus Buying Guide
College life requires regular travel from home to class. Traffic jams are socks waste of time. Also, large crowds of people gather around the campus.
Many factors need to be considered for buying the best campus longboards. Here we discuss all of them so that you get a crystal clear view.
Deck is considered the backbone of a longboard. Its decks are relatively longer than skateboards. Usually, a longboard deck comes in different sizes and shapes.
Deck size stands for the length as well as width of the deck. In the main, longer decks are best for downhill and cruising. On the other hand, short is suitable for freeride & freestyle.
Wheels are the medium in between road and rider. It’s an important part of the longboard for going speed. The size & hardness of longboard wheels may differ from the brand. Most important, whether it’s suit your longboard or not. Mostly, the 70mm wheels are a common size for longboarding.
However, hardness is another important factor for longboard wheels. Medium-hard wheels are the best balance of the longboard wheels. Polyurethane is one of the most common materials for longboard wheels.
Bearings are connected with the wheels to allow them to rotate freely. The Annular Bearing Engineers Committee rated the bearing on the ABEC scale. Most used longboard bearings are ABEC-7 to 11 rated. It’s the measuring standard of longboard bearings.
Longboard bearings have built-in different types of material such as steel, ceramic. In general, steel bearings are strong and safe as an industry standard. Indeed, regular maintenance is important for smooth rolling of the bearing.
Students can get a college longboard at under $100 dollars. Basically, the budget longboard is best for beginners. They attempt to learn the sports and do not need to update the board.
Once you become an expert, then go on an expensive longboard. Quality costs more than a cut price longboard. So, if you have a high budget, then go $150-$450 dollars. You will find the high quality longboards at this price. In short, the price of the board totally depends on the rider’s skill.
Beginners can go on a cheap longboard but skills require an updated version. Difference of expensive and economical will be felt very clearly.
Looks of the longboard is also a buying factor to consider. We know that sporting equipment portrays our personality. Accordingly, you can go on a good-looking longboard to your taste.
Everyone has the desire to look very cool in college. Their eye-catching longboard is an excellent option for you. Some boards also have attractive graphics. It provides higher hints of the rider’s nature.
Indeed, weight is the next serious point to consider for the rider. Heavily built boards can not bring the pleasure of riding. It’s also difficult to carry all around college campus.
On the other hand, a lightweight longboard is a smart selection for easy to carry and store. You can easily carry it anywhere you want. So, college students should go for lightweight longboards.
Mount type of the longboard must affect the entire stability. It has a huge impact on performance. Moreover, there are different styles and shapes nowadays.
Although, it will be difficult to understand. The hope is, you learn all the basics over time. Here we discuss fundamental types-
- Top-Mount: Top mount is the most traditional shape for longboard riders. Most importantly, it’s reasonable to buy. But, the top mount design has less stability. However, you can suitably use them for downhill and cruising. Moreover, carving and freeriding goes well.
- Drop-Through: In this configuration, the board trucks are mounted into the deck. As a result, the deck height will be lower. Drop-through longboards are extremely stable. You will never experience fatigue when you push the board. This style will provide more balanced riding experience. The drop through is precisely good for long distance riding.
- Drop Down: Drop downs are similar with the top mounts. But, they have a drop-in concave area. Due to this reason, it allows the board to shift closely with the ground. This makes the board quite stable and easy to use. They are also popular among the college students.
- Pintail: It is a leaf-like longboard with no-concave or the flat. This makes the entire pleasure of riding easier. Any starter will find these boards fit for them. That’s a plus point! Until today, pintail is one of the most traditional longboards. It’s presumed to be fitted with a large campus cruiser.
- Cruiser: Lastly, cruisers come to mind when you talk about longboards. Simply saying, everyone wants to re-create their mind. Something really special that can relate to adrenaline. That’s why cruising has become such a popular longboarding activity. Cruiser boards are highly flexible to provide ensurity in the smooth riding. There’s soft wheels are best on the tough terrains.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Are longboards good for college students?
Answer: Yeah. Longboarding on college is good students. It’s save their energy as well as time. College students can use it to get all around their campus. It’s let you to move faster than walking. You can get mobility without spending a lot.
Question: What is the best longboard size for a college student?
Answer: Longboards are longer than the skateboard. It’s popular to college students due to its size. Usually, it’s between 28 to 40-inch length range. Mostly, smaller are suitable for sharp turns, but longer are stable at high speeds. However, the too longboard is difficult to carry on campus. You should select the size of longboard accordingly.
Longboarding on campus becoming popular for college students. It’s very practical on campus as lightweight, easy to carry and store. Longer than the skateboard, longboard lets you move faster in college than walking.
In sum, we reviewed five best longboards for college campus. You can go all-out for them according to your pocket and purpose. All of them are best campus longboards, so check them out! More than that, our buying guide helps you to make your own decision.